Friday, August 17, 2012

Recent Finds.....

Happy Friday!  I've been looking at past posts and realized I haven't shared some of the items I've picked up recently.  I've been out shopping a lot looking for particular things that of course are harder to find when you are really looking for them.  That's the way it goes when you are shopping for vintage items. The silver lining in this was getting some other items that I couldn't pass up. That is what makes it all worth it.  Here are some recent Guest House purchases.




A really nice moody lithograph with an old gesso frame.



More old books. This batch is mostly in french.



 I love this chair even though the color of the faux leather is hideous. I will be having this chair redone and will pick a better color of leather this time around probably in a distressed brown.  The color of the wood will be left as is and although you can't see it, the natural patina of the wood is fabulous.  As for the footstool, it could really go anywhere and be covered in anything.  I could see it painted white with a really bold boho print which would be great.  I could also see this painted black/brown with a zebra patterned leather top.  Or, left as is and recovered in linen.  The possibilites are endless with this little piece of functional architecture.




The colors in this covered box are vibrant and pretty.  I like the crest and the painted detail on the top (shown in picture). It's stamped Neiman Marcus on the bottom so it's probably no that old but that's OK. 

I will be suggesting some of these items to a client I'm working with first for purchase but if they are not interested, I will be listing these in the Guest House Shop.  I'm making it a priority to get better at listing items in the Guest House Shop! Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment